App extensions enable users to expand the Share menu of iOS gadgets with the desired service. It allows them to access multiple customization features and contents beyond the limits of the app and use them for the integration and collaboration with various other apps and features of the device.
Using the Photos app extension is very easy. In case you are a photographer and have an iPhone, then it’s like a boon for you. With extensions, the Photos app acts as a primary hub for various features such as Effects and filters from other supportive editing programs and apps you have on your device.
Enabling Photo and Video Extensions in the Photos app
To get the extension features, just install the compatible application with extension. You can have several apps with extensions. Sometimes you need to enable those extensions if they are turned off by default. Users need to download and install the apps that use extensions feature. Some of the prominent extension supportive apps are Camera +2, Pixelmator, Darkroom, and more.
In case you are using iOS 13 or above, then extension features are automatically turned on with Photos app. In case you wish to turn on the Photos app extension via Favorites, then follow these straightforward instructions:
- First of all, open Photos application directly on your device, be it iPad or iPhone.
- Then, hit the video or photo that you like to edit.
- After that, press the Edit tab located at the top-right edge of the screen.
- Hit the Menu tab parked at the topmost right-hand side section of the page.
- Then, click the More option from the menu.
- Hit the Edit button there.
- Press the green-colored “+” tab over the extension that you desire to include in your favorites section. You may rearrange the available order by customizing the sequence. To do so, you have to drag the handle located on the right-hand side section.
Accessing and Using Photo and Video Extensions in the Photos app
- At the start, expand the Photos app directly on your system.
- Then, hit the video or photo that you like to customize.
- Now, press the Edit button and proceed.
- Hit the menu tab there.
- Hit the extension that you like to utilize.
- Then, customize your image or video as per your need with the available options.
- Hit the Done tab there to save all the modifications that you have made.
Note: Users can anytime disable and re-activate the extension on their respective device
Using Share Extensions
In order to access Share extensions, follow these straightforward guidelines:
- First of all, hit the Share tab on your desired application. It resembles a rectangular icon having an upward arrow indicating outward. It is used for sharing content or pages to another platform.
- Go to the uppermost menu and then move to the right side section.
- You will see a page having Mail, Message, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Now, hit the More button.
- You will be able to view a particular listing of installed Share Extensions. You have to activate the one that you desire to use on your device. Deactivate the particular extension that you don’t need anymore. In case you don’t wish to use the services of Facebook and Twitter, you can easily disable the extension. You may easily reorder the sequence of the listing by tapping the handles, moving up and down the desired options.
- Finally, hit the Done tab once finished. Now, the Share menu will show your favorite services and preferences selected by you.
Note: You may share the content through the current app by tapping on the desired extension.
By following the procedures mentioned above you can find and use third-party extensions on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : Photos App