Are you annoyed with the crashing issues of your iPhone or iPad? Don’t worry; we are here to solve this problem with some troubleshooting guidelines.
Electronic gadgets are vulnerable to technical or functional faults, and Apple devices are not the exception. Nowadays, some users are reporting that the iPhone and iPad are creating issues, and one of the most occurring issues is the constant shutting down of these devices. If you are also facing such issues, you need to troubleshoot the same by finding the root cause. It might be the internal issue or the problem with your device’s battery.
Here are the instructions to guide you on how to fix iPhone and iPad crashing issues:
Performing a Force Restart
Check your Device properly and try to find the basic cause of the issue. If it keeps shutting down, won’t charge, and still keeps crashing, then you can try force resetting the Device.
Hard reset will help if your device is continuously shutting down or draining battery power because Wi-Fi or cellular data is turned on, rogue processes, etc.
If you want to force reset your device, then follow these instructions:
On iPhone 8 or Above
- First, instantly tap and release the Volume Up tab.
- Then, tap and release the Volume Down button there.
- Now, tap and hold the side button and then release the same once you view the Apple icon.
On iPhone 7 or Older
If you are using iPhone 7 or older, then follow these steps to perform a force restart:
- Get started by tapping and holding down the Wake/Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- If you have an iPhone 6, or iPad with the Home tab or any other older gadget, then tap and hold down the Wake/Sleep and the Home tab at one go.
- Keep holding down the buttons until you view the Apple icon on your device’s screen.
- Wait for some time, and once the prompt screen appears on your device’s screen, release the tabs.
- Once the iPad or iPad has rebooted properly, then you need to check that the procedure mentioned above was effective or not. If not, then follow the next procedure:
Checking the Latest OS Update
Make sure that your device OS is updated to the latest edition. In order to check your device existing OS recent update, follow these instructions:
- At the start, go to the gear-shaped icon and then tap on it to launch the Settings page.
- Then, hit the General tab there.
- After that, click the Software Update option and then check if any update is pending for your device or not. If available, then update it instantly.
Charging up the Device
In case your battery isn’t responding, or not working even after the hard resetting the device, then put your device on charge and let it charge for some hours without tweaking it.
After an hour or two, take the Device in hand and check if you see a big change in the battery level by percentage or not? If not, it means something is draining your Device’s battery. In this case, it is recommended to try another option to fix this issue.
Drain your Device to 0% and then Charge
In case the problem is with the battery indicator i.e., the battery stats are not showing accurate battery info on your device. You can try the draining and charging process. To do so, follow these straightforward steps:
- First of all, drain the battery completely to 0% by using the phone until it turns off automatically.
- Now, plug the Device with the power socket using the cable or adapter of the same company you have received while purchasing because chargers may differ in transmitting accurate power.
- Next, you have to charge your Device to 100% and then analyze its performance.
Restoring via iTunes
Follow these steps to restore your device settings via iTunes:
- At the start, connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac.
- Then, open iTunes on your device.
- Once your Device is verified by iTunes, go to the relevant section and then tap the option Back up Now” for creating a local backup file for your device.
- When the procedure is complete, hit the Restore iPhone option. It will start the downloading procedure for your latest iOS software. It wipes the system completely and then installs a fresh OS on your iPhone.
- Now, your Device is successfully restored to the initial point when it was working smoothly.
Ava Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.